Orchard Fall Festivals
In previous years, our Orchard Community celebrated the season’s harvest from our School Garden with our Fall Festival.
- Classrooms “Adopted” a giant pumpkin from our garden in early fall to care for and decorate for our raffle.
- The Curiosity Collective helped us learn more about the Squash Family as students engaged in sensory explorations of pumpkins and other unique squash varieties.
- Local Farmers from H & K Farms shared their expertise on building healthy soil and generously provided seeds for students to plant and take home to their own gardens.
- 4th Graders harvested and packaged sunflower seeds for our guests from our Giant Sunflowers grown in the garden.
- 5th graders studied the history and life cycle of our popcorn plants, harvested our popcorn, and provided an engaging booth for our guests. They also hosted a “Maker Shed” featuring student projects and 5th grade students taught guests how to create their own “Scrappy Circuits” as they explored electricity.
- 6th Grade featured their Science Camp Field Trip Experience and taught us about Composting and challenged guests to be a part of the “Hard Core Club”.
- Live Music was played by local musicians from Riggity Jig, themed carnival games, face painting, art projects, and walks in the garden were enjoyed with families and friends of Orchard School.